Tuesday 9 April 2019

marae recount

Rendered Image
On Tuesday 5th of March my class and room 8 went to            
 Arahura marae. We went in parent cars. It was not what was
I was expecting. The marae was very modern and also a bit
traditional all metal but the pillars were wood.
 There was a good cafe. Lovely food too


We went to the beach with the adults and a stone expert.
During the river walking we had to find pounamu.
I learnt about stones and other Maori legends.


We had s'mores to and in the end I had a good time.
We did waiata and singing.and slept in the wharenui.
I did not sleep well because people kept on talking and
making sounds.


The next morning we went on a walk. We went to Lake Mahinapua
to learn about some history. We got back by parent cars.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.